Highlights from the August 2005 meeting of the AKC® Board of Directors are as follows: A...
Highlights from the August 2005 meeting of the AKC® Board of Directors are as follows:
- A new Mission Statement was adopted for the American Kennel Club as follows:
The American Kennel Club is dedicated to upholding the integrity of its Registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type and function. Founded in 1884, the AKC and its affiliated organizations advocate for the purebred dog as a family companion, advance canine health and well-being, work to protect the rights of all dog owners and promote responsible dog ownership.
- The Board revised the Guidelines Dealing with Misconduct, based upon recommendations made by the Delegate Field Trial and Hunting Test Clubs Committee, to improve the handling of disciplinary procedures at AKC events. The changes are effective November 1, 2005 and are included in the minutes of the August 2005 meeting.
- The Board appointed the Nominating Committee, which is to nominate candidates for vacancies on the Board that are to be filled at the March 2006 meeting. The Committee is: Judy A. Hart, Chair, Marjorie MacNally Hanson, Karen R. Spey, Melanie S. Steele, Carol A. Williamson. Alternates: Sue Goldberg and Peter G. Piusz.
- The Board approved numerous changes to Pointing Breed Field Trial Procedures, as recommended by the Pointing Breed Field Trial Advisory Committee. The changes effective January 1, 2006 are included in the minutes of the August 2005 meeting. They touched on judging and on various procedures followed in running the stakes.
- Numerous amendments were made to the Regulations for AKC Coonhound Bench Shows, Field Trials, Nite Hunts and Water Races, effective November 1, 2005. The changes included in the minutes for the August 2005 meeting.
- The Board voted to eliminate the Supplemental Transfer Fee for Online registrations only.
The following Delegates were approved:
- Don H. Adams, Franklin, WI, to represent Cudahy Kennel Club
- Vincent F. Adams, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, to represent Japanese Chin Club of America
- Michelle R. Anderson, Blythewood, SC, to represent Pug Dog Club of America, Inc.
- Dr. Mark Chambers, Strafford, MO, to represent Ozarks Kennel Club, Inc.
- Wilma A. Crawford, Sharpsburg, GA, to represent Newnan Kennel Club
- Judy Hearney, Beacon, NY, to represent Rockland County Kennel Club
- Kim Raleigh, Rio Rancho, NM, to represent Finnish Spitz Club of America
- Giselle Simonds, Petaluma, CA, to represent Miniature Bull Terrier Club of America
- Jill B. Wright, Roanoke, VA, to represent Roanoke Kennel Club, Inc.