New York, NY – Highlights from the July 2006 meeting of the AKC Board of Directors are as...
New York, NY – Highlights from the July 2006 meeting of the AKC Board of Directors are as follows:
- The Board approved a restructuring of Trial Boards. There will be four regional Trial Boards (Northeast, Southeast, Northwest, and Southwest), in addition to an Appeals Trial Board and a Performance Event Trial Board. Appointments to the Trial Boards will be made at the August 2006 meeting.
- Four membership applications were approved for consideration at the September 2006 AKC Delegates meeting:
- Columbia Terrier Association of Maryland
- Havanese Club of America
- Orlando Dog Training Club
- Shenandoah Valley Kennel Club
- The Board adopted regulations governing the Working Dog Sport. The full regulations are published with the minutes of this meeting.
- The North American Hunting Retriever Association (NAHRA) was added to the list of organizations exempt from the AKC Judging Conflict of Interest policy.
- The Leonberger was added to the list of breeds that have an Obedience jump height requirement of ¾ the height of the dog at the withers.
The following Delegates were approved:
- Robert A. Amen, Stamford, CT, to represent Port Chester Obedience Training Club
- Karen Justin, Westtown, NY, to represent Rockland County Kennel Club
- Louise Leone, Franktown, CO, to represent Colorado Kennel Club
- Joseph A. Martyn, Manahawkin, NJ, to represent Trenton Kennel Club
- Lynette Saltzman, Westport, CT, to represent Oakland Dog Training Club
- Lee J. Slorah, Norwalk, IA, to represent Des Moines Obedience Training Club
- Marilyn R. Vinson, Glendale, AZ, to represent Kachina Kennel Club