See the Kitty CATure Feline Fashion Show, Trick Dogs, and More – Nov. 19 & 20 at the Javits...
See the Kitty CATure Feline Fashion Show, Trick Dogs, and More – Nov. 19 & 20 at the Javits Center
New York, NY
From dogs performing tricks to cats working the runway, the American Kennel Club (AKC®) and The International Cat Association (TICA) bring tons of canine and feline fun to the third annual AKC Meet the Breeds® event.
Sponsored by PetPartners, Inc. a leading pet healthcare provider, AKC Meet the Breeds is the world’s largest showcase of dogs and cats and offers pet lovers a unique opportunity to play with some of the country’s rarest dog and cat breeds while educating themselves about responsible pet ownership and choosing the right pet for their lifestyle.
“This year’s event promises to be bigger and offer even more exciting dog and cat demonstrations that the whole family is sure to enjoy,” said AKC Meet the Breeds spokesperson Gina DiNardo. “We are happy to join forces with TICA and bring pet lovers the opportunity to see dogs perform tricks, watch the popular feline fashion show, and meet local canine heroes, among many other exciting events.”
Highlights of the 2011 AKC Meet the Breeds event are:
- The Shetland Sheepdog Association of Northern New Jersey’s trick dogs. See award winning Shelties Sundae and Huggie perform tricks including a Conga line and a doggie-cowboy showdown.
- The ACE Awards local presentations. The American Kennel Club Humane Fund’s Awards for Canine Excellence (ACE) recognize dogs that have significantly impacted the lives of others. See the local ACE presentations for Pomeranian “Miki,” a therapy dog from Plainsboro, New Jersey on Saturday at 11:40am and German Shepherd Dog “Blue,” a Law Enforcement dog from Yaphank, New York on Sunday at 11:40am.
- The ACE Empire State Award presentations. ACE is also proud to present a brand new distinction – the ACE Empire State Award – which recognizes a canine hero from the tri-state area. See Belgian Malinois “Tery,” a Law Enforcement dog from Middle Island, New York receive her honor as the first ever ACE Empire State Award winner on Saturday and Sunday at 11:40am.
- The Kitty CAToure feline fashion show. From formal attire to resort wear, watch cats work the runway in creations from Meow Wear designer Carla Reiss.
- Feline Power Demonstrations. See the amazing power and ability cats possess with Bengals demonstrating how far cats can leap, how fast they can climb, and kitty Tug-O-War, among others.
- Brand new AKC books. Take home expert information on your favorite dog breed by purchasing the first ever American Kennel Club “Meet the Breed” books.