Raleigh, NC – August 22, 2005 - The American Kennel Club Canine Health Foundation (AKC CHF)...
Raleigh, NC – August 22, 2005 - The American Kennel Club Canine Health Foundation (AKC CHF) has launched a new website that is easier to navigate and a powerful research tool for dog owners seeking information about current and past canine genetic research studies and can be accessed at www.akcchf.org.
New features available on the AKC CHF website include:
- Up to date completed and current research information: Users can search over 275 completed studies and current studies and their results by breed, disease, institution, and investigator.
- White papers and conference proceedings: Visitors to the site can view archived presentations and published proceedings from AKC/CHF sponsored seminars and symposia – including our upcoming biennial Parent Club Conference, sponsored by Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.
- Nestle Purina Parent Club Partnership Program Information: The AKC CHF site is the portal for all information concerning this unique and easy way to raise money to support canine genetic research.
- Grant submission information: Researchers will find information about upcoming grant application requirements and deadlines.
- President's Council information: CHF volunteers can access handouts and information to use as they present the story of the Canine Health Foundation to clubs and individuals.
The new design resembles the easy-to-navigate layout of the AKC's home page and works seamlessly as online visitors steer through both sites. The main tool bar located at the top of the page gives visitors access to key areas including how to donate, research, information about the mission of the AKC/CHF, and information about our volunteer opportunities.
"The new website is a wonderful educational tool for the Foundation," says DD DiLalla, executive director. "We will continue to refine and enhance the site which will give us the opportunity to share health information at breakneck speeds."
"Once again, the AKC has proven what a powerful combination our two teams are," says Wayne Ferguson, president. "Because we share the same facility, it was relatively easy for us to lean on the design and systems expertise the computer folks offered us in Raleigh. The result is a beautifully designed site that showcases the contributions of the AKC and the commitment of our affiliates like Purina – we truly couldn't have done it without them."