About the AKC
The American Kennel Club (AKC) proudly celebrated its 125th anniversary in 2009. Since 1884, the not-for-profit organization has maintained the largest registry of purebred dogs in the world, and today its rules govern more than 20,000 canine competitions each year. Along with over 5,000 licensed and member clubs and its affiliated organizations, the AKC advocates for the purebred dog as a family companion, advances canine health and well-being, works to protect the rights of all dog owners and promotes responsible dog ownership. Affiliate AKC organizations include the AKC Humane Fund, AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC Companion Animal Recovery and the AKC Museum of the Dog. For more information, visit www.akc.org.
Find AKC registered dogs and puppies via our Online Breeder Classifieds.
Learn more about AKC programs that help you enhance life with your dog:
- AKC Canine Good Citizen® (CGC) – A two–part program teaching responsible pet ownership for owners and basic good manners for dogs.
- S.T.A.R. Puppysm – Getting dog owners and their puppies off to a good start.
- Purebred Alternative Listing (PAL) – Compete in AKC performance and companion events with a dog that is purebred but unpedigreed.
- AKC Canine Partners – An initiative specifically for mixed breed dog owners who are interested in competing in companion events and accessing numerous other benefits of AKC affiliation.
- AKC Companion Animal Recovery – Recovering lost pets through microchip identification and enrollment.
- AKC Canine Health Foundation – Improving the health and quality of life for dogs and their owners.
- AKC Humane Fund – Promoting the joys and rewards of responsible pet ownership through charitable giving.
The International Cat Association, Inc. (TICA) was organized in the summer of 1979 and held its first cat show in Tacoma, Washington that same year. Today, TICA’s unique, genetically-based registry has attracted world-wide participation. With established, scientifically-based principles, TICA has become the largest genetic registry of cats in the world. Truly an international organization, you will find our members and clubs all over the world. In addition to the United States, it is likely that you will find TICA cat shows in Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, The Netherlands, Mexico, Panama, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and an ever-growing number of countries around the globe. Besides sharing customs, languages and cultures, our members primarily share their love of cats.
TICA recognizes over 50 breeds of cats for championship competition, awarding not only earned titles but also both Regional and International awards to the top scoring cats, kittens and alters. TICA also is the world's largest registry of household pet cats and kittens. Since its inception, TICA has always welcomed non pedigreed cats and kittens to compete for titles and awards alongside our pedigreed cats. Whether adopted from shelters or rescued off the street, these lucky cats, all spayed or neutered, compete to their own standard, which emphasizes beauty, health and personality.
TICA feels that cat shows should be fun for exhibitors and spectators alike. Our motto is "Fabulous felines, fun and friendships". To learn what this means, explore our website or visit a local TICA cat show. You will find TICA filled with cat lovers just like you. We come from all professions. We are women, men, and kids. We are cat breeders and animal rescuers. We are tireless champions for the welfare of cats. We may speak different languages and enjoy different customs. But we have one thing in common – we love cats!
Read about our fabulous felines.
Showing and enjoying cats is a family affair. Learn all about TICA’s Junior Exhibitor Program.
Check out TICA University (TICA U) for everything "cat." Learn how to pill a cat, clip its nails and make homemade treats. Find out about nutrition, grooming, cats in history, and much more. A section for children is full of coloring books, activities, and fun videos.
Enjoy cats...make friends...and have fun!