Invest in Protecting Purebred Dogs with AKC’s Canine Legislative Support Fund
Investing for the future is the best way to protect against unknown risks that lie ahead. When it comes to you and your club’s charitable spending, few investments match the value of the Canine Legislative Support Fund.
Donations to the AKC Canine Legislative Support Fund (CLSF) help furnish additional resources that include:
- Formal representation (lobbying) in Congress and key statehouses.
- Educational programs for legislators and the public about responsible and fair policies for dog breeding and ownership.
- Grassroots advocacy training for clubs and federations.
- The AKC Government Relations Legislative Conference.
- Development and delivery of online/downloadable and in-person advocacy presentations.
- Conference calls to help dog owners comply with new laws and regulations.
- The Bebout Award for Leadership in Canine Legislation, which recognizes federations and owner/breeder organizations actively involved in educating legislators and working to preserve the rights of responsible dog breeders and owners.
- Legislator of the Year Awards and other outreach to help you build bridges with your legislators.
- Grants and assistance for clubs participating in public education and advocacy initiatives.
- Assistance with state-wide lobby days.
With political changes likely coming across the country next year, now is the best time to invest in a solid defense against animal extremism that threatens the future of our dogs. We hope your club will consider financially supporting the CLSF.
It’s easy for you and/or your club to make a contribution to the Canine Legislative Support Fund:
- To make a contribution online, click here.
- To mail a contribution by check, download and complete this form; mail it with a check made to “AKC Canine Legislative Support Fund”; and send to 8051 Arco Corporate Drive, Suite 100, Raleigh, NC 27617.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the AKC Booth at a show near you for of “AKC” ($8) and “I Own a Dog and I Vote” ($10) magnets.