Homeowners Insurance Resource Center
Did you know that in most states it is legal for insurance companies to charge homeowners higher premiums or refuse to renew a policy based solely on the owner's breed of dog? Surprising as it may sound, more and more dog owners are being told they will be dropped by their insurance carrier if they refuse to give up their dog, even if they are long-time customers and their dog has never bitten or attacked anyone.
So what's a responsible dog owner to do? The Government Relations department has compiled the following resources to assist you in your efforts to find insurance.
- Position Statement on Homeowners' Insurance
- Tips on Finding Homeowners' Insurance
- Tips to Prevent Dog Bites
- State Insurance Commissioner Links
- Writing to Your Representative
- Model Legislation to Protect Against Insurance Discrimination
- AKC Government Relations Home
Do you have a question or concern about homeowners' insurance? Contact the Government Relations department at email@example.com.