The smart, active, and proud Poodle almost always lands in the top ten of the most popular breeds in the U.S. Why do Americans love this incredible member of the Non-Sporting group so much? Well, we can think of a few reasons. Eight, to be exact!
Check out these eight Poodles who clearly show why they're one of our favorite breeds.
1. They have great personalities, including a goofy side.
What's not to love about a super intelligent dog who also loves to play and have fun? And makes faces like this Poodle pup?!
2. They are great at solving problems and have dog-ingenuity.
Take this doggo. He's on the larger side, he has long legs, and yet, he's figured out how to fit himself into this small bed. A Poodle genius, perhaps?
3. They're versatile dogs. They love sports, napping, and everything in between.
This Poodle's fetch and retrieve game is strong.
4. They have amazing hair.
Whether a Poodle has a show or a puppy cut, he's always looking absolutely fabulous. Just look at this beauty. We only wish our hair looked that good.
5. They're playful and fun (and love toys)!
Look at the jump on this Poodle. We bet he loves agility. And he very clearly loves his toy too…there's nothing better than a squeaky toy.
6. They are adorable puppies (although, to be fair, all puppies are adorable).
The face on this little guy! We can't handle it; he's so cute. And good-natured! He doesn't mind just hanging out, being held by a human. Such is the puppy life.
7. They come in three different sizes and a variety of different colors.
Poodles are the perfect dog for anyone because they come in such a wide variety. You can have a black standard poodle or a white toy poodle. Whatever you're looking for, you can probably find a Poodle that fits the bill.
8. And last, but not least, they're practically perfect in every way. (Just like Mary Poppins)
Just look at this little guy. Isn't he an angel? There's so much to love in this adorable, precious pupper.
Want to share your perfect Poodle with us? Send us your best photos or videos and your dog may end up on AKC.org. Fill out the form, here.