Obedience News and Updates
The obedience and rally regulations were amended to include language for a closing time for entries and that the closing time shall be no later than 11:59 pm on the third Wednesday prior to the trial for trials held on Friday through Monday. Previously the regulations governing these sports did not address a closing time for entries, but instead defaulted to the Rules Applying to Dog Shows. Clubs have the ability now to extend the closing hour for their entries at their option following the requirements listed below. Effective May 1, 2017, clubs may apply for events with a later closing hour at their option.
- Obedience Regulations - Chapter 1, Section 3. Premium Lists, Entries, Closing of Entries. (Insert as paragraph 5)
- Rally Regulations – Chapter 1. Section 3. Premium Lists, Closing of Entries and Catalogs. (Insert as paragraph 2)
- Every premium list shall specify the date and time at which entries for a trial shall close. The premium list shall also specify the name and address of the Superintendent or Trial Secretary who is to receive the entries.
- For all trials the specified closing date and time must be no later than as outlined in the following schedule:
- For a trial which opens on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday, entries accepted not later than 11:59PM on the third Wednesday prior to the trial.
- For a trial which opens on Tuesday, entries accepted not later than 11:59PM on the third Thursday prior to the trial.
- For a trial which opens on Wednesday, entries accepted not later than 11:59PM the third Friday prior to the trial.
- For a trial which opens on Thursday, entries accepted not later than 11:59PM on the third Wednesday prior to the trial.
- Clubs in a cluster of no more than five consecutive days have the option of closing no later than 11:59PM on the third Wednesday prior to the last trial in the cluster.
- Whenever the closing day noted above falls on a postal holiday, entries received in any form up to 24 hours from the published closing date and time may be accepted.
- All other paragraphs in these sections remain unchanged.
- The club will clearly state in its premium list whether transfers will or will not be allowed. If no statement is provided in the premium list the default is to allow transfers.
- A transfer (i.e., from an obedience class to an obedience class; or a rally class to a rally class) may be requested if, according to the owner’s records the handler and dog are eligible provided the club offers transfers.
- Transfers from an “A” to “B” class at the same level are allowed provided the host club allows transfers. (When a club does not allow transfers, refer to Section 16b. Entry of Ineligible Dog.)
- The request for a transfer must be in writing and presented to the superintendent or trial secretary at least 30 minutes prior to the start of each trial.
- Clubs may choose to accept transfers prior to the day of the trial and this should be clearly stated in the premium list.
- Transfers may be approved provided the class and judge are available, and the class has not reached its limit.
April 22, 2017
- 2018 AKC National Obedience Championship – March 24-25, 2018 AKC Rally National Championship Announcement – March 23, 2018 The American Kennel Club is happy to announce that on March 23-25, 2018 the AKC Rally National Championship & the AKC National Obedience Championship will be returning to the: Purina Event Center 300 Checkerboard Drive Gray Summit, MO 63039 https://www.purina.com/purina-farms/visit/purina-event-center#/explore-the-purina-event-center