It's almost time again for the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship. With this year's show being the largest in the event's history, there's a lot to look forward to. Read these five things you may not know about the show and make sure to watch the live stream Dec. 12-13 here.
- There will be more than 4,000 dogs at this year's show. 4,000 DOGS. All in one place. Is this heaven?
via AKC YouTube
- There's more to AENC than just conformation with the AKC Agility Invitational and the North American Dock Diving National Championship taking place too. You won't want to miss action like this:
See more agility action here.
- Joining the established favorites, there are seven newly recognized breeds that will be making their big debut at this year’s show. They are the Lagotto Romagnolo, Cirneco dell’Etna, Boerboel, Berger Picard, Miniature American Shepherd, Spanish Water Dog, and the Bergamasco.
Miniature American Shepherds doing what they do best.
- Each dog competing has two names -- a call name and a registered name. Learn more about the naming system and find out what your dog show name would be here.
- Terriers are top dogs. Dogs in the Terrier Group have been named Best In Show at AENC more than any other group.