Don't let his fou-fou looks fool you. The Poodle is extremely smart, athletic, and highly trainable. The breed is full of energy and whether it's learning tricks, participating in dog sports, or carrying themselves regally in the show ring, Poodle learn quickly and are very proud of their accomplishments. Poodle owners know just how smart these dogs are; they can be almost human in attitude and behavior. In fact, some Poodle owners may suspect their canine friend is a little smarter than they are, and here are a few reasons why:
1. Poodle of all size are easily trained and happy to learn tricks, especially to please their people.
2. Apparently, this Poodle can even read.
3. Like their human counterparts, Poodle are pretty clever when it comes to laying blame. You could learn a thing or two from them.
4. He prefers the company of his humans, but the Poodle is perfectly capable of amusing himself.
5. Hold on to the car keys, though, since he may decide to take himself for a spin...
6. ...or hijack the computer.
7. Poodle really want to work closely with their people, although they may occasionally doubt your judgement.
8. Or think they're just a little too human.
9. Speaking of fou-fou looks, the classic poodle clip isn't about looks at all. As early as the 16th century, Poodles were used as water retrievers. Their thick coat could weigh them down in water, so the bottom part of their bodies was shaved for buoyancy. The hair on their chest is kept long to keep their organs warm, and the hair around their joints protects the joints from injury. Shorn faces help them retrieve efficiently.
10. Toy and miniature versions can be irresistibly cute and playful.
11. Although, don't tell that to the elegant and lively standard Poodle.