There's no mistaking a German Shepherd. You know him when you see him. And with his confident, smart, and courageous personality, he's any owner's loyal best friend.
GSDs and their owner share a very special bond; it has to be experienced to be understood. Of course, any owner will tell you that's because the German Shepherd is an incredibly special dog. They'll also tell you that these ten things are absolutely true:
1. German Shepherds will explore everything with their noses. You'll find evidence of their very thorough sniffing everywhere..walls, doors, windows, and more. It's no wonder they make such great police and detection dogs.
2. As a GSD owner, you have a pretty solid belief that your dog might actually be smarter than you are. After all, what can't your dog do?!
3. You know that your dog is all ears. Not only can your dog hear everything, but his tall, moderately pointed ears are absolutely adorable. There's no better head-tilt than a German Shepherd head-tilt.
4. You're not ever lonely when you own a German Shepherd. This loyal canine is always by your side.
5. You know that you have to be careful with chewing, especially during the puppy teething phrase. You GSD can fit his mouth around anything...even the couch. Any GSD owner will tell you that training is essential.
6. Shedding? If you're a GSD owner, you know that dog hair is part of everything you own. It's on the couch, all over the floor, and on every outfit you wear. It's just part of life!
7. Need the job done? Just ask your dog. GSD owners know that their dogs are working dogs and can do almost anything. No wonder people always think your dog is a service or police dog.
8. Thinking of lounging on the couch? Not until you've walked your GSD, taken him to the park, or gotten some sort of exercise. GSD are super active, and therefore, you are too. You definitely get your steps in with this dog.
9. You no stranger to a nose nudging you. It might be a nose in the back, nose on your leg, or even nose in your face. Your GSD loves to work and there's a reason he's in the herding group. So you're familiar with him trying to utilize those instincts with you and your family too.
10. There's no feeling like loving and being loved by a German Shepherd. That's for sure. He'll be your loyal, loving, and dedicated companion for all of his days.
Think of anything we missed that all GSD owners understand? Let us know on Facebook!
And don't forget to take our poll below and let us know why you chose the German Shepherd as your canine companion.