Elvis sang, "You ain't nothin' but a hound dog," but the Bluetick Coonhound is so much more! Easygoing and affectionate at home, he loves his family beyond anything…except maybe the scent of prey. He's a tireless hunter in the field and thrives on exercise and a job to do. And any Bluetick owner can tell you about his "singing" in that baying, howling voice! Here are nine reasons to love this breed:
1. A busy Bluetick Coonhound is a happy one. Take him for a run (well, at least one of you is getting exercise).
2. He loves the water, too, so how about a frolic in the river?
3. Blueticks are ready for any weather. Snow angels, anyone?
4. Even playtime at home can be a blast.
5. And now, about that voice. Every Bluetick lover will recognize this.
6. Lots of us find ourselves talking to the dog. But how many dogs answer back?
7. Do you think he's ready for "American idol"?
8. At home, he's a champion napper.
9. And a lover!
Want to see your dog featured? Send us your photos and videos here.