It's hard to decide which feature is more outstanding in the Flat-Coated Retriever -- his elegant looks, his keen retrieving abilities or his cheerful, happy personality. The breed is beloved for its affectionate and outgoing character as a family companion -- good-natured, with a puppyish zest for life even into old age. And here are 11 Flat-Coated Retrievers doing what they do best: loving their families and having fun.
1. These vigorous dogs needs lots of exercise and they delight in being outdoors. Whether it's a romp in the snow...
2. A game of frisbee...
3. A hike in the mountains...
4. Or a swim on a hot day.
5. And speaking of water, hunters prize the Flat-Coated Retriever for his superb retrieving abilities. Even (or especially) in water.
6. Retrieving is in their blood, even if what they bring back is a giant stick. Look how proud this guy is of his retrieving talent.
7. The breed is famous for his love of family and eagerness to share the good times with you. Sometimes, he seems like an exuberant kid himself.
8. Flat-Coated Retrievers often keep their puppyish enthusiasm and silliness into adulthood. This guy is never too big to be carried like a puppy.
9. And sometimes their youthful hi-jinx can lead to a bit of mischief.
10. But how can you not forgive the silly, snugly pal?
11. Whose very favorite thing is you.
Love the Flat-Coated Retriever? If you think this is the breed for you, check out AKC Marketplace for Flat-Coated Retriever puppies.