Just in case you don't want to leave your dog out of your holiday celebrations or you're still looking for the perfect treat, here's an easy treat recipe that your dog will love.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then gather all of your ingredients:
- 1 cup flour -- You can also substitute coconut flour or potato flour, just expect your batter to be a little more crumbly.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pure 100 percent pumpkin
- 1 4-ounce jar pure carrot baby food
- 1 4-ounce jar pure green bean baby food (optional)
- Add all ingredients together and mix.
If the batter seems wet and sticky, add a little more flour. If it seems crumbly, add a little water.
- Scoop out a spoonful of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. The batter should make around 24 treats. If yours is more dry, than you can try forming the dough into shapes (like a pumpkin). The green bean baby food can be added to a little bit of the dough if you would like to add a green stem onto a pumpkin shape.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Allow treats to cool completely, and then give them to your dog to enjoy.
When choosing ingredients make sure to look at the label. DO NOT use any items that have xylitol in it, which can be very dangerous for dogs.