You might be surprised to learn that the Dandie Dinmont Terrier is a hunting dog. Yes, there's more to this small canine with an unassuming hair puff than meets the eye. This "gentleman" of the Terrier family is also intelligent, courageous, and tough, which is perfect for his original duties of catching otters and badgers. Like other Terrier breeds, today's Dandie Dinmont stays true to his hunting roots and has a spirited personality. Here are eight times Dandie Dinmont Terriers remained dignified while doing typical terrier things:
1. When this little buddy scanned the shore for sea critters.
2. When these guys thought that becoming otters would help them find some.
3. When this one really committed to his search and made sure to blend in with his surroundings.
4. When these two were eager to get a job done.
5. When this dog spotted something even through the thick brush.
6. When this dog was so excited to be in the show ring he was walking on air, literally.
7. When he made a discovery and wanted you to know.
8. And when this one reflected on a day of hard work.