In the Glen of Imaal, a valley deep in the Wicklow Mountains of Ireland, a dog breed was born. This hard-working terrier was bred to hunt vermin and protect the farm from fox and badger and he did so with boldness and intensity. Given its remote beginnings, it's a wonder the breed made it to America. But as fans of the Glen of Imaal Terrier will tell you, they're very happy that it did. This scruffy little dog isn't fancy or fussy: he still has all the characteristics of a working dog, more substance than style. However, he's also irresistibly cute. If there were a prize for "most adorable working dog," the Glen of Imaal Terrier would win, as these seven images show.
1. The Glen of Imaal Terrier is energetic and active. This little guy is flying in his Coursing Ability Test.
3. They're always ready for a walk.
4. They're so adorable that total strangers stop to give them a little love.
5. If you own one, you may get tired of answering this question.
6. In fact, it is impossible to overestimate their heart-melting cuteness.
7. But really, look at that face.