How often do your walks gets interrupted by people asking you what kind of dog that is? The Curly Coated Retreiver's coat is unique among dog breeds, with tight curls that are water-resistant and dense enough to protect him in any weather. One of the oldest of retrieving breeds, the Curly was a favorite of English gamekeepers and poachers alike. Today, their intelligence, innate athleticism, and perseverance serve them well in dog sports, as therapy dogs, and as an active family's best companion. Here are 12 images of these retrievers doing what they do best:
1. Here he is doing what he does best, retrieving.
2. Like other energetic retrievers, he may "retrieve" anything left lying around.
3. Or bring you important items.
4. Bred to retrieve on land and water, they're enthusiastic swimmers and love the water.
5. And exploring on the beach.
6. Ice skating is fun too.
7. Their natural agility shines in dock diving.
8. And in the field.
9. Curly Coated Retrievers need a great deal of exercise, or they may find other ways to amuse themselves
10. Some fans call the Curly Coated Retriever "the thinking man's retriever." He's wickedly smart and more independent than other retrievers.
11.That doesn't mean he isn't an affectionate companion. With his loved ones, he's charming and gentle.
12. The Curly Coated Retriever works hard, plays hard and, at the end of the day, is a champion napper.