Highly intelligent and energetic, Australian Cattle Dogs need a job to do. They're hard-working dogs who excel at herding, hunting, dog sports... and pretty much anything that engages their mind and body. And if you don't happen to have any cows that need rounding up, here are some activities where your Aussie pal will shine:
1. He'll happily go horseback riding with you, but he does want his own horse.
2. Dog sports are a specialty and he'll teach you agility in no time.
3. Better practice your tether ball skills, or he'll beat you every time.
4. Australian Cattle Dogs are fast, fast, fast. He'll join you for a run, if you can keep up!
5. Perhaps you'd prefer a swim?
6. Learn a new sport together, like skijoring, with a dog (or dogs) pulling a person on skis.
7. He'll go camping with you and, with his sturdy little body, he can even carry his own gear.
8. Of course, if you do have something that needs herding, no one is better.
9. They have the cutest friends.
10. They're extremely loyal friends. And their best friend is you.