The family-friendly Golden Retriever is popular for a reason. They're exuberant, sweet, smart, and hard workers. They're good at everything they do, whether it's hunting, serving as guide dogs, or being devoted companions. It's no wonder that they're the number three most popular dog in the nation.
Any Golden Retriever owner will tell you just how much they love their breed. The reasons why could go on forever, but here are ten things all Golden owners know.
1. Goldens are easily trainable and they love to please. But, they'll also train you as well. If you're not paying enough attention to them, they'll remind you that you can do whatever you're doing while also petting them.
2. If you own a Golden, you know play time is all the time. You also know that it doesn't matter who you are, your dog will play with them. Puppies, kids, other dogs, Goldens are lovers.
3. And because they are lovers...they often want to be as close to you as possible. Which means, unless you make that clear, the couch is not off limits. Snuggle sessions all the time.
4. If you have a Golden, you know your dog is always down for an adventure. They're always excited for the next thing, whether it's going for a hike, hunting, or participating in sports like obedience, rally, or agility.
5. Golden puppies are the cutest puppies. When your dog was a pup, you showed his picture to everyone so that they could marvel at his cuteness. There's nothing better than a little ball of Golden fluff.
6. There are very few things your dog won't eat. And it doesn't necessarily have to be food; you have to be careful, because Goldens will munch on whatever they deem tasty.
7. Even though sometimes you might think your dog is a living vacuum, you also know he's incredibly smart and you can train him to do almost anything. You can teach your dog to perform tricks, comfort hospital patients, or just wait for a treat. Goldens can do it all!
8. Tumbleweeds of fur rolling through your kitchen. A layer of Golden hair accessorizing your clothes and furniture. If you own a Golden Retriever, this is your reality.
9. Goldens make the best pillows. They're unbelievably friendly and just want to spend quality time with their family members. It's a good thing they love to cuddle.
10. You could be gone 20 minutes or the whole day. Either way, you know you're coming home to Golden smiles.
Think of anything we missed that all Golden Retriever owners know? Let us know on Facebook!
And don't forget to take our poll below and let us know why you chose the Golden as your canine companion.