Publicity Ideas for Clubs
The following articles are from AKC Communicates! They provide tips and ideas for AKC clubs to garner publicity in their local media. To subscribe to AKC Communicates! click here.
Tips for Garnering Media Coverage
- Ways to Increase the Chance of TV News Coverage for Your Dog Show
- Central Ohio Kennel Club's Experience with Local Media, by Ann E Keil
- Pitching the Economic Benefits of Dog Shows
- AKC Registration Statistics Available for Top 50 Cities
- Donations are a Great Way to Help Your Community and Garner Publicity
Tools for working with the media
- How to Build a Media Kit for Your Club: Many of our articles reference a Media Kit. This article will tell you how to create one.
- How to Become a Television Spokesperson: Tips from Tyne Horvath of the Mahoning-Shenango Kennel Club.
- How to Write an Effective Press Release
- Finding a Spokesperson in Your Club
- Media Interview Tips
Community Outreach Ideas
- Ideas for Hosting a Meet the Breeds
- Government Officials Have Pets Too!
- Garnering Publicity While Giving Back to Your Local Community
- How to Host a Microchip Clinic Through AKC Reunite
- A Little Thanks Goes a Long Way
- The AKC Canine Legislation Support Fund
- Highlighting the Accomplishments of Your Club's Junior Members
- Reaching Out Through Your Club's Local Police Precinct
- September is National Preparedness Month
- Have You "Winterized" Your Dog?
- Unique Ad Idea Puts One Club on the Mat
- Linking to the AKC Web Site and Copying Web Content