- Jobs At A Glance
Jobs At A Glance
In its operations, the AKC's principal focus is to serve the Fancy - the dedicated breeders, exhibitors, judges, handlers, and other participants and enthusiasts who make the sport of purebred dogs so rewarding and enjoyable.
The AKC employs more than 400 people at its offices in New York City and Raleigh, North Carolina. In addition, over 70 employees work across the country as field representatives, inspectors, or investigators.
Working together, our motivated and talented employees have brought the AKC much success. We can only carry out our continued success through the people we employ.
To learn more about working at the AKC, click on the employment links --- and welcome to the employment world at the AKC!
The AKC's Mission is to:
- Maintain a registry for purebred dogs and preserve its integrity.
- Promote the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type and function.
- Advocate for the purebred dog as a family companion.
- Advance canine health and well being.
- Work to protect the rights of all dog owners and promote responsible dog ownership.